Half spinal twist is an amazing pose to help realign the entire body and to help loosen the spine. Which means YOU will be feeling less stress, and more joy!
It’s an especially great pose for women to keep the reproductive and urinary organs healthy and in great working order. Twists in general are detoxifying and this one in particular increases the circulation to the pelvic region; providing fresh blood, nutrients and oxygen. It’s a bit tricky to try this in a meeting, though easy to do if you have a private office and need a short break to realign your body and mind. It works well at home before you go to bed to help the spine and hips relax and release before bed.
Benefits of Half Spinal Twist
• Increases the elasticity of the spine
• Stretches the muscles on the side of the body
• Relieves back pain and stiffness from in between the vertebrae.
• Useful for slipped discs
• Massages the abdominal organs and increases the digestive juices making it useful for loss of appetite and constipation.
• Useful for diabetics, with concentration on the pancreas.
• Opens the chest and increases the oxygen supply to the lungs.
• Loosens the hip joints, relieving stiffness.
• Releases tension in the arms, shoulders, upper back and neck.
• Increases purification of the blood as well as the internal organs.
• Improves round shoulders.
Source: Yoga Pose Of The Week: Seated Twist | Free People Blog http://blog.freepeople.com/2013/01/yoga-pose-week-seated-twist/#ixzz2IYwk4NvB